Tuesday 31 May 2016

Reflection on IDU

For my website I created the content in my French class and made the website in my IT class. Each lesson my French teacher would assign the class an IDU task, an overall of 3 IDU tasks. Each IDU task was very specific and required us to make certain activities. In my IT class we planned the creation of our websites, and in French we recieved our first IDU task, Reading & Comprehension, I made sure to follow the rubric very carefully, and got a 7 in criteria A & B. My questions were challenging, but not too difficult, perfect for year 7s. However my content had a fair amount of mistakes, so I feel as though I could have double checked my use of grammar before submitting my work. Overall I put In a good effort and stuck with vocabulary year 7s could understand. In IT I added my completed IDU Task, after it had been marked to my website by adding it as a link on a button I created on Wix.
For my second IDU task, A French Dialogue I stayed on topic, but my questions were unrefined and I scored less in criterion B than A, getting 5,7 respectively. The questions were somewhat too difficult and the harder questions had come first.

Everything else went accordingly. In my opinion the IDU has alot of benefits being able to put two subjects together to reach a mutual goal whilst working in their different fields to accomplish that goal. The benefits of putting French along with IT makes learning the language alot more consistent as french dictionaries and vocabulary are available online, as well as quizes and excercises. It also creates oppurtunity to learn to use  a variety of different websites that I did not know existed, like how I had done with Wix, having no idea how it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment